Gelindo dei Magredi
Gelindo dei Magredi Country Resort is a tourism centre situated in the Magredi, a natural park of 400 square km very close to Pordenone and just at the foot of the beautiful Dolomiti Friulane, which have been recently recognised as UNESCO Natural World Heritage.
Gelindo Dei Magredi Country Resort is the perfect location for your relaxing holiday.
Gelindo dei Magredi is a well organized, peaceful rural touristic centre located in the green countryside of Vivaro, within the Natural Reserve of the Magredi, a vast kind of prary Special Protected area for birdlife where the Cellina, Meduna and Colvera rivers meet, at the foot of the Friulan Dolomites.
The inviting restaurants, the comfortable rooms, the wide areas of the farm with biological productions and agro-wellness areas, make it to an ideal Country Resort either for a rural stay as well as for a short lunch break.
The guests will be hosted in one of the five available hotel annexes:
Lataria of Magredi: A historical stone building, former dairy
Red House: old country house with fogolâr (typical open fire place)
located in the heart of the farm
Flowered Balconies: 10 rooms with view onto the garden and flowered terraces
Yellow House: 5 multiple rooms with view onto the swimming pool and small
Banquets can be arranged for in large reception rooms, but, if needed, we have small separate rooms available as well as pergolas for rural events. During summer season it is possible to host the guests for a welcome drink and dessert in the garden in front of the swimming pool or on the restaurants terraces.
The composition of the dishes gives priority to typical Friulan products and mostly includes seasonal ingredients, grown and produced directly within the familys farm: no stereotype and anonymous international dishes, but tasty salamis, fragrant cheese, fine smelling soups, poultry from the roost , vegetables from the garden and home made pastry and cakes.
We prepare these dishes following recipes taken from antique Friulan recipe books however updated to modern standards: low fat and an accurate treatment in order to preserve the flavours of tradition.
Rustic polenta (thick maize porridge) and home made buck wheat bread come with the dishes.
- welcome drink
- welcome in the room with farm products
- information materials of the Friuli area
- nights with breakfast buffet and hot dishes
- agreed dinner (available for the Half Board service)
- buffet sweets-fruits-juice, at 17.00
- gift with farm products and goodbye
- flyer vacation memories (on line for groups)
√ - besides the guest is entitled to the following benefits
- visit to the farm
- Free use of bicycles
- club house with fireplace available for meetings and briefings
- entry in the pool at times agreed
- carriage ride, on request
- visit and wine tasting in the cellar of Gelindo
- 5% reduction in purchases of wine and gastronomy of the farm
- laundry facilities (expenses for current and pressing)
- materials for children as required by specifications to Europe
- typical clothing Farm: (free in the formula 8 nights)